AHAA Annual Conference Serves as a Digital Hot Spot for Top-Notch Content
Fairfax, VA, April 6, 2016 – AHAA: The Voice of Hispanic Marketing is pulling out all the stops when it comes to digital content at its annual conference, AHAA 20/20: The Future in Focus, taking place at the Nobu Eden Roc Resort in Miami on April 18-20, 2016. Sponsored by YAHOO! and spearheaded by AHAA’s Hispanic Digital Media Committee (HDMC), the digital track will cover automated advertising, digital product branding, digital audio, social native content, and digital advertising fraud.
“We are thrilled to work with our partners, YAHOO! and the Interactive Advertising Bureau, to provide attendees with the game-changing digital topics affecting today’s media landscape and impacting the brand-consumer relationships of tomorrow,” said HDMC Chair Rafael Monteiro, CEO, Hispanic on Demand.
Sessions include the following:
Digital Advertising Fraud: White Ops
- The war on fraud is not going well. Advertisers are expected to lose an estimated $7.2 billion globally this year as a result of fraudulent impressions, or bots and Hispanic campaigns are especially targeted. Learn from a study conducted by the ANA and White Ops, a leader in online fraud mitigation for digital advertising.
- Speaker: Ash Kalb, Co-Founder, White Ops
Digital Hot Topics: Social Native Content, Ad Blocking & Video Creativity for Multicultural Bilinguals
- What makes social content engaging? Top content creators provide best practices in the production and publishing of native content that breaks through the social feed’s clutter and truly engages fans, including Multicultural Bilinguals with all their cultural nuances. Attendees also will get an update on the development of the standards-track documents, LEAN and DEAL guidance in response to ad blocking, as well as efforts tackling malware and fraud through the Trustworthy Accountability Group that aim to bring efficiencies to the market.
- Moderated by Borja Perez, SVP, Digital & Social Media, NBCUniversal Hispanic Group
- Panelists: Ayan Valle, VP, Digital & Social Partnerships, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises; Brendan Riordan-Butterworth, Director of Technical Standards, IAB Tech Lab; Diego Antista, US Hispanic Agency Head, Google
The Evolution of the Private Marketplace (PMP)
- Is Automated Guaranteed the Ideal Model for the U.S. Hispanic Market?
- Moderated by: Izzy Gonzalez, Integrated Sales Manager, CNN en Español and Vice Chair, AHAA HDMC, and Rafael Monteiro, CEO, Hispanic on Demand and Chair, AHAA HDMC
- Panelists: Matthew Harris, Sales Director, US Hispanic, YAHOO! and Rena Unger, Director Industry Initiatives, IAB
How the Rapid Adoption of Digital Media Changes the Challenge of Branding a Product or a Company
- Taking top U.S. Hispanic news media to the next level by rebranding for an ampler consumer market.
- Moderated by Sylvia Franco, CEO, Inclusion Strategy Group
- Panelists: Fabiola Almerini, República, and Borja Echevarria, Univision Digital
Understanding How Latinos Are Consuming Digital Audio Today
- It is no secret that Hispanic consumers index among the highest in terms of digital use in almost every category. When it comes to consuming audio, digital platform consumption has been growing at a fast pace. To help understand what and when they are consuming digital audio, AudioAd recently did a survey to understand consumption habits of digital audio among Latino
- Speaker: Nestor Perinot, VP Sales, AudioAd
The 2016 AHAA Annual Conference will focus on the marketing landscape’s unprecedented speed and scope of disruption and change with its theme AHAA 20/20: The Future in Focus. Themes like demographic disruption, programmatic, native advertising, ad blocking, digital advertising fraud will be covered, along with a strong roster of C-suite leaders and futurists who will arm attendees with strategies to leverage every consumer touch point. Keynote speakers include: Wendy Clark, President-CEO of North America DDB; film and television screenwriter and producer Roberto Orci, billion-dollar filmmaker behind some of the decade’s biggest films including Mission: Impossible III, Eagle Eye, Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Cowboys and Aliens and the Star Trek films; Eric Reynolds, SVP-Chief Marketing Officer, The Clorox Company; Rich Benjamin, Author of Searching for Whitopia: An Improbable Journey to the Heart of White America; Luis Balaguer, founder and CEO of Latin World Entertainment (LatinWE), the premier Hispanic talent management company in the U.S.
Twitter using the @ahaa handle and hashtag #ahaafuture.
About AHAA: Founded in 1996, AHAA: The Voice of Hispanic Marketing is the national trade organization of all marketing, communications and media firms with trusted Hispanic expertise.